As promised and I also wanted to share this story to show the versatility of Qi Men Dun Jia. 2 years ago, my mom, whom at that time has Dementia but not officially diagnosed decided to defiantly take the car out and went missing for hours. Worst feeling in the world. With zero clue on where to start looking, I decided to open the Qimen chart. 2 years ago, all I knew was Day and Hour and it was enough.
- Day: Geng 庚 .
- Hour: Bing 丙.
Firstly the Day box tells us a lot about the current situation:
- Direction: The chart indicates that she is at the South East direction from the house.
- Door: Life door meant she is safe (thank goodness).
- Hexagram: I’m quite heavy at looking at hexagrams and (ironically) the hexagram is Traveling (also called Wanderer) which if you understand the story of this hexagram means the person is alone and on the move.
- Deity: My guess was she was trying to find the police station (Chief deity) but have not found it due to the Wanderer hexagram.
- Structures: Long Fan (Green Dragon returns) structure, this is quite a clear indicator that she will return on her own eventually. This is further strengthened because the outcome box is Bing in the East which is, if you look at it in a way, is the only route back home because there it only 1 road leading back to my house, which is from the East. There’s also good structures and a Rest door, which does mean she comes home.
But even so, I don’t think anyone in the world could just sit back and wait for her to come home, so we drove out to look for her instead. The only issue was we started arguing about where to go first. While I argued she was in the SouthEast, the rest of my family were adamant she was on the NorthWest, logically her most regular spot. It didn’t matter, we eventually decided to look at both areas.
Long story short, by the time we got home an hour+ later, the missing person was found, already home. When probed, she was really at the SouthEast direction wanting to drive to another location today, got lost and was trying to look for the police station but couldn’t find it, and apparently the strangers she tried to stop didn’t help either. Everyone is safe and the car keys confiscated ever since 🙂