I’m writing about this because too many people have either been asking for advise on this or they are in depression but don’t really know how to handle and get out of it and I’ve noticed a substantial increase of this issue among my social circle and a general sense that this pattern is going to stay around till next year. The scariest form of depression are not those who admit it, it’s those who still smile and look happy yet are suffering internally.
No one likes to talk about mental health but this is absolutely necessary – especially now. So if you notice someone around you who are displaying these signs you need to keep an eye on them:
- A general feeling of apathy and no drive in what used to excite them
- Unable to get out of bed hence always missing at work/social appointments or are always late.
- Not concerned about their appearance and a major drop in work performance
- Sudden loss or gain of weight
- Appearing too happy or always laughing/joking about everything. The unhappier they are, the more they laugh while totally avoiding the serious/emotional stuff (think Robin Williams).
People who are truly happy are exceptionally calm, not exceptionally smiley.
- Sudden mood swing from happy laughter to being sarcastic and mean. One moment they seem friendly, the other moment they are very inconsiderate to others.
- Beginning to display self destructive behavior – excessive smoking, drinking, sex, gambling. They even see it as normal because they don’t think something better is possible for them. So they almost never seek help.
- Tired and lacklustre eyes (from lack of sleep and also apathy)
Ironically some people look better and better (you can see it from their facial features and glow compared to the past) and they tell me they are having depression – to me, this particular situation is actually a spiritual awakening and something that is heading for the better, hence this blah feeling will only be temporary. The ones you need to worry about at the ones that are looking worse by the day, with a black/green tinge to their skin tone.
Metaphysically how do you detect depression? Depression is a loss of clarity when things are on a downward spiral, when you see no way out (or up) to your solution and you don’t talk about it at all because you’re not even sad or angry, you’re just numb.
- In Metaphysics this is closely linked to the Earth element, the 1 element that loves to keep everything to themselves – which is still okay until they see a subsequent amount of water (And vice versa). We term this as “contamination” or a shrouded mind where clarity is no longer present.
- The Sky Cry and Sword Edge Star. If it came in annually then we call this ‘temporary depression’. This year almost 80% of people I’ve met have a Goat [Sky Cry] in their internal palaces – so I remind them that this is just a 1 year depression and it will get better. Knowing this alone made them feel much more hopeful.
- Among all the 10 Gods the ones that don’t talk too much and/or overthink are the Resource heavy people and unhealthy Eating Gods.
- Solitary and Lonesome stars also keep a lot to themselves and should guard against overthinking.
- Horse-Rat clash: This denotes a person who is fickle and lacks peace of mind / clarity. This may or may not translate to depression, but they definitely lack clarity.
- Unhealthy or missing Fire element. Fire is the zest of life, having no or unhealthy fire lessens your will to live.
- Your hour pillar is in Fan Yin.
If you (or your close ones) are going through this and can’t seem to get out of it, what can you do?
- It’s okay to admit that you’re not okay.
- Remove yourself from the problem area. If it involves people, remove yourself from the toxic people. We want to contain the issue, so don’t go running elsewhere and create bigger issues you don’t need right now.
- People with depression cannot get out of bed. So make it a point to force yourself up everyday. Just get out, even if it’s just a walk and then back home, but establish a consistent wake up time to catch the morning sun and a good breakfast.
- Stop any high risk activities, like aerial silk, solo abseiling, maybe freediving or any high risk activities that requires your own judgement.
- It’s okay to fluctuate between doing okay and then relapsing back to gloom. Just don’t stay there.
- Learn something new, pick up something you need to learn or train on a weekly basis. That will establish a consistent pattern for awhile.
- Have 1 particular focus. A competition, a book, a fitness goal, something you need to accomplish and it’s okay if you screw up too. Just have that 1 focus point that you can work towards on a daily basis.
Let’s face it, when you’re in depression it’s difficult getting out of it without some external help for that extra boost, so in terms of Metaphysics [Heaven|Earth|Man], these are some things you can do:
Qimen: The deity that governs Faith, Hope in the future is 9 Heaven. This month’s (Oct) 9 Heaven is in the SouthEast. Have your back SouthEast and repeat the following “I am worthy. I am good enough. I love life, things will only get better and I will never give up” Do this everyday for a month and see yourself start to change (Once the chart changes on Nov 8, back face West instead)
Feng Shui: Look for your Sheng Qi direction and have your desk or bed (top of the head) face that direction
Intervention: Find someone who is their Nobleman to talk to them. My best friend, also my nobleman/useful god, coaxed me to accompany her to a Joey Yap seminar back in 2010 which ultimately shaped my future. For those who are worried about your friends, always check on them. Be their support system by giving them things to do (1 focus point) or just keep them busy out of the house, either dancing or just hanging out till they are much better.
Lastly keep moving forward even if you can’t see what’s ahead. Take baby steps if you must because no storm lasts forever. After all, depression is also the last spiritual journey to enlightenment as long as you don’t give up. You’ll thank yourself someday ❤
The information in this page/blog is meant to supplement, not replace, proper metaphysics training. Readers should consult a certified consultant for proper diagnosis of their entire chart/life issues. Past events, locales and conversations may have been reconstructed in order to maintain anonymity. Any resemblance to an actual person, living or dead, or actual events (unless specified) is purely coincidental.